Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My little elves!!!




OK...so before the holiday madness kicks in and I have to put on my SuperMompreneur cape, boots, and tiara on, I wanted to just play hookie from "work" and just chill with my little men. Although I can get a lot done while they are playing army men or painting, or chasing eachother through the studio, today I just had to push the monograms aside and say...enough! The orders will still be here tomorrow. I want to relish in the moment and just ENJOY my boys.

They are really fascinated with forts and building now. Everyday, several times a day, every cushion from every sofa in our house is assmebled into a massive fort. Yesterday they built a hotel, and Nicholas even made me a bed of pillows with a blanket on top. I checked in as Mrs. Monogram and I ordered room service which they brought me, and I must say, I received 5 star service. Nicholas, the chef, prepared a "Hambooger and Shies" for me, while Mills delighted in calling my cell and giving me my wake up call. Overall, it was a lovely stay, although there were a few green army men in my bed.
Nicholas also likes to wriggle into small places and hide. They both love to sing and dance and watch themselves on the webcam. They love eachother and are best friends, but they will also spontaneously erupt into full blown Greco-Roman wrestling at any given moment. Nicholas makes up his lack of size with "sneak attacks" and resourcefulness. He cannot inflict pain on his own, but he can sure make a goose egg on Mills' head when he throws a Hotwheel at him like a major league pitcher. My boys. My loves. My life!

Hugs and kisses to you, too, Daddy! Let's pencil in some time for you to play hookie next week with us, okay? :) After Thanksgiving, the cape, boots, and tiara go back on until all the decorations are up, shopping is done, presents are wrapped, and all the little holiday monograms are on their way to their new owners! I'm grateful to be busy! But I'm never too busy to play in a fort with my little rascals.....take care! Electra