Monday, October 26, 2009

Boys will be boys!


How time flies! I made this video of my little rascals about a year ago- and I cannot believe how amazingly fast time is flying by. They are growing into little men, right before my very eyes!
To think that Mills is 6 now, and he has already been with us 1/3 of the time he will live at home with us, it brings tears to my eyes. What blessings they have been to me. So here they are a year ago in this video. Before Mills could read, before they discovered Legos, before Nicholas could ride a bike by himself, before they built forts, before organized sports...if only adults increased our skill sets the way children do- imagine that! What changes would my year bring? Oh yes, year #36: Electra learned to speak Italian, she learned to Salsa dance, she obtained her yoga teacher training, she completed dozens of oil paintings, she grew her business, found new ways to give back, dabbled in raw food, created, played, and laughed everyday, grew a garden, traveled to new places, made Indian food, became a better Mommy and wife, and she became closer to her ideal self. Whew! Something to shoot for, right? What could we all DO and BE if we went after life with the enthusiasm, curiosity, and wild abandon that children have? Fun stuff to ponder...xo, Electra